Many people with disabilities are enrolled in postsecondary education and need accessibility services in order to succeed in education. However, not all universities are familiar with the various types of accessibility or do not provide them – despite being mandated by existing disability laws.
In order to help colleges and universities improve accessibility, I provide the following services (not limited to):
- 2 hour or half day workshop and training on disability awareness and how students/employees with disabilities use services;
- Advise on making your website and digital products usable and accessible to students, visitors, and university employees with disabilities;
- Help you with customizing services for your student, employee, or visitor with disability when needed;
- Consult with you on how to make your digital media accessible via good quality captions;
- Train you on making your events accessible for your existing and prospective students, employees, and visitors with disabilities.
Even if your university has a disability office for students or an EEO department for your employees, they do not necessarily know all areas of accessibility and may need consultation in certain areas.
Ready to work with me? Contact me.