Well-rounded and entrepreneurial professional versed in design, technology, and user experience, offering exceptional skills to identify/promote product’s value, enhance product positioning and improve product profitability. Project experience with national/international organizations and non-profit/educational institutions.
- Understanding business and customer needs, developing creative solutions, and managing multiple projects to increase value for organizations.
- Partnering productively with managers, designers, programmers, editors, and other specialists to meet or exceed projects’ expectations and deadlines.
- Creating, developing, and maintaining a clear product vision, strategy, and roadmap throughout life cycle.
User Experience and Accessibility Specialist (2000 – present)
Independent Consultant, New York, NY
- Helping businesses make their products more user-friendly and accessible by providing them with consulting and training.
- Performing user research, competitive analysis, content strategy, usability testing, and developing information architecture, personas, wireframes, user flows, user stories, roadmaps.
- Public speaker at events and conferences to increase awareness about accessibility as universal design and about people with disabilities that make the largest and the most ignored minority.
Owner (2012 – present)
Audio Accessibility, New York, NY
- Consulting and training businesses on how to provide good quality captioning and other communication access services for audio, video, and events in order to reach the untapped customer market (deaf and hard of hearing people making 20% of total population) and to increase sales to them.
- Author of a book, Sound Is Not Enough: Captioning as Universal Design.
- Promoting awareness about captioning as universal access and about alternative communication options through articles, interviews, social media.
Web Content Producer (2011 – 2012)
New York University, New York, NY
- Worked on various projects (and led several of them) with a team of professionals to ensure the well-being and appropriate presentation of NYU’s web content.
- Optimized information architecture and content strategy for existing department websites.
- Analyzed content for usability and accessibility and contributed to the web editorial styling guides.
Front-End Web Specialist (2010 – 2011)
Boyle Software, New York, NY
- Worked for a custom software development company on interactive projects for clients such as Adobe, Rodale, and other Fortune 1000 clients across several industries.
Web Designer / Developer (2008 – 2009)
Lehman College, CUNY, New York, NY
- Managed projects as a web user interface lead to restructure the college’s website and incorporate its new brand identity.
- Worked on new sitemaps, wireframes, and design comps.
- Reorganized and recoded portions of the website using the latest web standards.
Web Interface Developer / Designer (2006 – 2008)
Research Foundation CUNY, New York, NY
- Coordinated efforts with the Title V Implementation Team and the Director of Enrollment Research & Processes to complete a special web project to improve student retention throughout the University.
- Created web interfaces for database-driven applications. Controlled content appearance, flow of web sites and applications.
- Tested, edited, and resolved cross browser or platform compatibility issues.
Designer (2001 – 2004)
Hoashi Communications, Inc., New York, NY
- Completed notable projects for national and international clients such as: Newsweek, INC, Japan National Tourist Organization, MUJI, Pokémon, HCI Publications, Asahi Shimbun International, Inc., Touchstone Health Partnership, Inc., and others.
- Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, BBEdit, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, InDesign, Omnigraffle, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Platforms: Mac OS, Unix, MS Windows
- Product Management, 2015
General Assembly, New York, NY
- Professional Certificate in Web Accessibility, 2012
University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
- Usability Analyst Certification, 2010
Human Factors International, New York, NY
- Master of Science in Internet Technology for e-Commerce, 2005
Pace University, White Plains, NY
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design (Highest Honors), 2000
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
- NYC UPA (New York City Usability Professionals Association)
- IAI (Information Architecture Institute)
- IXDA (Interaction Design Association)
- GAWDS (Guild of Accessible Web Designers)
- WSG (Web Standards Group)
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society